Welcome to the world of Westtech!
We do more than develop and manufacture robust forestry and landscaping equipment.
Individual customer service is our primary factor of success. Every product range is developed by the experienced Westtech team of engineers, always in close collaboration with you – our customers. It is our goal to continuously optimise the product range according to customer requirements and the application areas.
Made in Austria
Austrian quality products by Westtech. Development and production from one source guarantee the highest quality standards and the associated long service life of the products.
Become familiar with the reliability of Woodcracker, Mowblower and Mulcher! Westtech products set themselves apart through innovative technology. For us, NEXT TECH means, to be a step ahead.
With our Woodcracker product range and our know-how, we provide support to you throughout the entire biomass logistics chain.
Harvest > Storage > Transport > Chipping > Recycling
Cataphoretic dip priming and powder coating
The company Pöttinger in Grieskirchen executes the machine piece’s dip priming and powder coating for WESTTECH.
The process involves the following steps:
- Surface preparation: In this process the surface is cleaned and the edges rounded off.
- Pretreatment: The automatic handling system conveys the units through the baths.
- Priming: This involves a 3-zone CDP (Cataphoretic Dip Priming) process using water-based paint, as used throughout the automotive industry. The advantage of this type of priming system is its excellent corrosion protection and uniform thickness of each coat right into every cavity.
- Baking: Optimum adhesion of the primer to the workpiece is ensured by baking at 200°C.
- Top Coat: The top coat is applied using powder coating.
- Baking: The powder coating finish needs to be baked at about 200°C to achieve the best possible quality.
- excellent corrosion protection
- uniform thickness of each coat
- every cavity gets coated completely
- very eco-friendly due to very little solvents
The outstanding resiliency and durability are marks of this coating process. No cracks will generate in the coating even with stress due to shock or deformation. Likewise, the method is one of the most eco-friendly coating methods. The production and processing happen without any solvent. Westtech uses this coating method with all their machines to achieve the highest possible longevity.
Multigrip and Autospeed
The so-called Multigrip is composed of a big hydraulic block inside the Woodcracker® machine and regulates with just one double-acting hydraulic connection the gripper’s opening, closing and the cutting unit. This regulation is achieved by a pressure control sequence, which provides the gripper and the cutting unit with oil. While closing the machine the gripper has the higher priority, when opening the machine it’s the other way round. Thanks to this feature working with the Woodcracker® C is much safer, due to the tree’s safe grip while cutting. The Multigrip enables very high hydraulic performance, depending on the carrier vehicle between 100 and 200 l/mins.
The hydraulic block has a default pressure protection at the input side which is sealed, additionally.
Optional can “Autospeed” be built in at an excavator’s lower hydraulic power. Autospeed enables 30% higher speed when closing the cutting unit during an empty run or with lower load.